Recommended sites where you can find more information on trauma and addiction.
If you know of a resource that is not here, please leave a comment.
The readings below have had a significant impact on my intellectual development, and have supported my strong recovery. My hope is that they will provide you with knowledge, understanding and a path to peace. Check back often since I will be updating this list regularly.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- Upside: The New Science of Post-Traumatic Growth, by Jim Rendon
- Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation: Skills Training for Patients and Therapists, by Suzette Boon
- Healing the Shame that Binds You, by John Bradshaw
- Man’s Search For Meaning, by Viktor E Frankl
- Rising Strong, by Brene Brown
- The Inner Citadel: The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
- At Hell’s Gate: A Soldier’s Journey From War to Peace, by Claude Anshin Thomas
- A Secure Base, by John Bowlby